Professional Video Production – Laguna Beach
This class is currently full, however if you would like to be on the standby list in case of a cancellation please send us an email at email@example.com.
We have another Professional Video Production class coming up in Walnut Creek – Click here to register.
About The Course
This comprehensive two-day video course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to maximize the potential of DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
Day one focuses on camera settings, achieving proper exposure, and lighting techniques. Day two delves into basic editing techniques and color theory. Through a combination of practical exercises and guided demonstrations, participants will gain hands-on experience and confidence in capturing stunning video and enhancing them through post-processing.
- Introduction to DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras
- Exposure Triangle
- Metering and Focus Techniques
- White Balance and Image Quality
- Introduction to Editing Software
- Editing Techniques and Workflow
- Introduction to Color Theory
- Create a Project Applying Learned Techniques
- DSLR or Mirrorless Camera with manual control capabilities and 1080p/4k video output
- Laptop equipped with your computer-based video editing software installed (e.g., Finalcut Pro, Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve)
Introduction to DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras
- Overview of DSLR and mirrorless camera systems
- Understanding the fundamental components and controls of the camera
- Exploring different camera modes and their applications
- Understanding the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Exploring the concept of exposure and its impact on image quality
- Hands-on exercises to master exposure control
Metering and Focus Techniques
- Exploring different metering modes and their applications
- Understanding autofocus modes and how to achieve sharp focus
- Practical exercises to improve metering and focusing skills
White Balance and Image Quality
- Understanding the importance of white balance in achieving accurate colors
- Exploring different white balance settings and their impact on images
- Introduction to creative picture profiles such as LOG as it relates to dynamic range
- Hands-on exercises to master white balance and improve image quality
Introduction to Editing Software
- Overview of popular editing software options
- Understanding the essential tools and features for basic editing
- Setting up a workflow for efficient post-processing
Editing Techniques and Workflow
- Timeline and cuts
- Basic adjustments for exposure, contrast, and color correction
- Cropping, resizing, and straightening images
- Practical exercises to enhance and fine-tune images
Introduction to Color Theory
- Understanding the principles of color theory and its impact on visual storytelling
- Exploring color harmonies and their emotional effects
- Applying color theory to enhance images during post-processing
- From inception to conclusion, create a compelling story through video by applying learned techniques.
By the end of this course, participants will have a solid understanding of camera settings, exposure control, and editing techniques. They will be able to confidently use their DSLR or mirrorless cameras to capture high-quality imagery and enhance them through basic editing. Whether you are a beginner or an enthusiast looking to improve your skills, this course will provide you with the tools and knowledge to take your videos to the next level.
To download the course flyer click here.
Feb 21 – 22, 2024
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Susi Q Community Center
380 Third St.
Laguna Beach, CA 92651