About The Workshop
Today’s news releases and press conferences are different from the days of pre-COVID. The use of video and audio platforms, as well as the abundance of information given to the community has significantly increased.
This workshop will hone your skills to become more confident in producing or publishing professional content for the media and your community.
Students will get hands-on practice with all concepts covered and get the opportunity to hear direct feedback and tips from the media.
Our instructors are public safety communicators, social media managers, and consultants who actively practice the concepts they teach. This course is designed for law enforcement, fire, and government communicators and administrators.
What You’ll Learn:
- Laws, policies, and procedures
- How to develop and use a communications team
- How to create easy-to-read posts
- How to create engaging news releases
- The secrets to great media interviews and press conferences
- Breaking the norm with live news releases using social media
- How to prepare and respond to messages on social media
- The benefit of social listening
- How to manage and communicate during a crisis situation
- What a PIO “go bag” is and what it should contain
- The benefits of establishing partnerships with the media
- Managing personal exposure to critical and traumatic incidents
***THIS EVENT IS RESTRICTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT, FIRE, & GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL ONLY***